Rob's litigation experience includes:
- While on active duty, served in the Navy Judge Advocate General's (JAG) Corps where he tried hundreds of cases as a prosecutor and defense counsel, handled claims on behalf of the government under the Medical Care Recovery Act, and provided legal assistance to numerous active duty Navy personnel and their families. Recipient of the Navy Commendation Medal.
- Served as Special Assistant United States Attorney for the District of South Carolina, and led the Navy's regional Procurement Fraud Task Force.
- Represented hundreds of building owners nation-wide in complex asbestos property damage cost recovery actions. His clients included corporations, school districts and universities, airports, and state and local governments. He also has represented people suffering from asbestos diseases, including mesothelioma.
- Represented individuals and families injured by exposure to benzene and defective products.
- Represented whistleblowers in cases involving procurement fraud, Medicare fraud, and environmental pollution.
- Class counsel in nationwide class action for senior citizens victimized by securities fraud.
- Represented state and territorial governments in groundwater pollution cost recovery actions under the Natural Resource Damages provision of CERCLA.
- Past partner at two prestigious law firms specializing in complex civil litigation and mass torts: Ness, Motley, Loadholt, Richardson & Poole, PC; and Richardson, Patrick, Westbrook & Brickman, LLC.
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Rob received his law degree from the Faculty of Law and Jurisprudence at the State University of New York at Buffalo. He received his undergraduate degree in Environmental Studies and Political Science from the State University of New York at Albany.
Rob is a member of the Bars of the States of South Carolina and New York. He is also a member of the American Bar Association.
Rob also believes in giving back to the community. Rob has served in leadership roles in various charitable organizations, including Charleston's historic synagogue, Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim (Past President) and Trident United Way (Past Chair, Professional's Division). Rob currently serves on the advisory boards of the American College of the Building Arts www.buildingartscollege.us and Save the Light www.savethelight.org .